Friday

From the catalogue

An art event originating from the city-plan etchings of 22 cities in Europe made for an illustrated encylopedia in the middle of the 19th century. (The 1851 edition of the Iconographic Encylopedia of Science, Literature and Art.)

I have produced these 23 art objects (one more than the city plans which have inspired this project, because there are two paintings of İstanbul) by turning the “given image qualities” of these plans into paintings. In doing so, while I use the traditional and contemporary references of painting, perhaps in a different way in each painting –unsupported by the rest-, I am concerned with achieving a high quality in technique.

Hakan Akçura
1996

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Je me suis permis d'exposer une de vos toiles pleines d'originalité sur mon blog ,j'espere que ca ne vous gêne pas.
(http://bats-from-grave.skyblog.com)


Mes respects.

Anonymous said...

I've add your link.
My english is bad ,sorry :)

Regards.